Monday, November 8, 2010

HEADS UP With Regards to the New Niksoftware Program HDR Efex Pro

I will say first of all Niksoftware has to this point created some wonderful programs for us photographers. They were the creators of the control point way of editing that makes NX2 so easy to use. Most of them are plug-ins for either the Nikon program NX2 or the Photoshop line of editors. But their newest edition to their line of programs, HDR Efex Pro, has caused a fair bit of problems, as in crashing CS5. I am one of those that is having issues. So, for anyone thinking of buying it, I would suggest downloading the trial first and see that it works on your machine. To Nik's credit they are working with many of us to come up with a solution. I will keep you informed with what comes from Nik as to their solution. Their website is http://www.niksoftware.com/.

2 comments:

  1. Nancy,

    Have you had any luck? I crashed or otherwise did not work on any of my computers so I did not but the reduced price version when it was offered.

    Robert Amoruso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert, they did find a solution that apparently works for most people. It is as follows:
    Remove a 0 bite icc profile called NTSC1953.icc found in the
    C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color folder.

    I was waiting till I heard anything else and so far I have not, so it must of solved the problem. I hope if you did have a problem, this works for you.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete